Digital DNA is gaining traction as the project is making both national and international attendances.
Principal Investigator, Mareile Kaufmann, has recently participated in a variety of talks focusing on the digitization of DNA. Through this, the project has been able to both learn from stakeholders and transfer its knowledge to different academic and professional audiences. The recent discussions have touched upon issues relating to digital technologies in law enforcement, the digitization of security, and the use of DNA in forensic sciences. Kaufmann was, amongst other things, invited in to the Digital Policing group at the event Norway’scritique of Tech Giants which aimed at creating new solutions for increasing awareness about Tech Giants’ power abuses. The debate consisted of workshops for competence sharing and networking between different private and public organizations and other key agencies. Other Digital DNA talks included those at a seminar of the Norwegian Crime Investigation Service & Nordic Police Departments for the protection of exposed individuals, at the University of Stockholm, at The Norwegian Research School on Digitalization, Culture and Society and the International Studies Association Annual Convention.
Professionals from various organizations and agencies meet to discuss and critique Norwegian Tech Giants. Photo: Frida Tollås, UiO
Here is a complete list of the recent events where Kaufmann has shared her expertise:
- Digital Technologies in Law Enforcement. Norwegian Crime Investigation Service & Nordic Police Departments for the protection of exposed individuals.
- The rise of DNA as a biometric. Studying digital technologies in law enforcement. Stockholm University, Criminology Department
- The Digitization of Security. CEDIC talks, The Norwegian Research School on Digitalization, Culture and Society (DIGIT), run by OsloMet
- The Digitization of DNA in the Forensic Sciences. International Studies Association Annual Convention, paper presentation, Nashville/worldwide
- Invited member at the event "Norsk oppgjør med teknologi gigantene" (Norway's debate and critique of Tech Giants) Group: Digital Policing. Oslo